More than 90% — doctors and candidates of sciences, professors and associate professors
Laboratories and auditoriums equipped with audiovisual and multimedia equipment
The Faculty of Power Engineering was founded in 1963 on the initiative of the leading specialists of the repair and maintenance department "Irkutskenergo", scientists from the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences and the leadership of the Irkutsk Polytechnic Institute. The reason for this, was the rapid development of industry and energy in Eastern Siberia.
About 20 thousand specialists have trained with us over the past five, going to six decades now.
Graduates of the School of Power Engineering successfully work in many energy companies, industrial enterprises and research, educational and design institutions of the East Siberian region. The largest energy companies are interested in our graduates, including Irkutskenergo, Irkutsk Electric Grid Company, Irkutsk Energy Retail Company and Interregional Distribution Grid Company of Siberia with its branches, Mosenergo, Rosneft, Gazprom and others.
INRTU School of Power Engineering has concluded cooperation agreements with a number of foreign universities: Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg (Magdeburg, Germany), Wroclaw University of Technology (Wroclaw, Poland), Mongolian State University of Science and Technology (Ulan- Bator, Mongolia), Shenyang University of Chemical Technology (China).
Since the 2014/2015 academic year, a joint master's program has been implemented with the Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg (Magdeburg, Germany) — "Intelligent power supply systems".
- Department of Power Supply and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Drives and Vehicles
- Department of Heat Power Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Electric Power Plants, Networks and Systems
- Danfoss - INRTU Training center
- High Voltage Engineering Research and Education Center
- Scientific and Creative Association of Students and Young Scientists "Energy"
- Directorate of School of Power Energy
- Molecular electronics Research Educational Center
- Department of Energy Systems
- Department of Thermal Power Engineering Systems
- Department of Energy Systems and Complexes