15 000 Government grants for foreign students are given in Russia annually.
What GS covers?
The scholarship provides a student free studying on the chosen program for the entire period of education. Also, if the student needs to improve knowledge of Russian, the grant covers education at a Foundation program (pre-university course).
In addition, monthly payment is provided. In 2021 it was 2400 for undergraduate and graduate students and 7000 RUB for postgraduate students.
Who may receive a Scholarship?
All candidates with the secondary school and vocational school finished (school, technical school, lyceum, etc.) and successfully passed competitive selection in their own country can receive a grant.
Competitive selections take place in two stages.
1. The first stage will take place in your country. For this purpose, it is necessary to contact the Embassy of the Russian Federation or you can also apply on the website education-in-russia.com
- Required documents
- Education document (Scan copy of the original document and scan copy of a notarized translation)
- Passport (scan copy of the original document and scan copy of a notarized translation
- Document with qualifying round results, if you participated in the competition (Scan copy of the original document)
- Documents confirming the status of a compatriot, if necessary (Scan copy of the original document)
- Documents confirming knowledge of the Russian language (Scan copy of the original document)
- Certificate of absence HIV (Scan copy of the original document)
- Medical certificate (Scan copy of the original document)
- Research paper in Russian or English language for PhD, assistantship-traineeship, residency training (Scan copy of the original document)
- Other documents (achievements)
2. The second stage consists in selection of suitable candidates by the Russian universities. Results of competitive selection will be known after consideration by higher education institutions of all arrived applications.
The selection event takes place on the basis of the Russian Embassy in your country.
The result of competitive selection
In 1-2 months after passing of competitive selection in your own country and selection by the chosen University in Russia you will be informed about results. If competitive selection not passed, you can send the application for studying by contract and enter the Russian university on a paid basis.
What government grant does not cover
Government Scholarship does not cover transfer to the University, living expenses and health insurance.