Study Abroad
Fill in the form
I would like to apply for an exchange course in Korea. What should I do?

To participate, you should provide a certificate that you have been studying the Korean language for a minimum of six months at the educational institution.

What are the exchange programs for a Bachelor of Architecture?

It all depends on the discipline and course of study.

Can I have a language internship ?

Language internships are available in Chinese and Korean.

Is it possible to pass a foreign language proficiency test at INRTU? How can I do this?

You have the opportunity to take a language test in the INRTU International office, but it will only apply to participation in INRTU exchange programs. The International office specialist sends you password and login to take the test online. When your test is over, you have to come at the International office for oral interview. The date and time of the written and oral interview must be agreed in advance.

Can all students participate in exchange programs?

So, absolutely all students can become exchange students:

  • Undergraduate students
  • Graduate students
  • Post-graduate students

You have an opportunity to become an exchange student if you study on commercial or budget basis.

Before you choose a Partner-University and an Exchange Program to stay abroad, make sure you meet the following criteria:

1) At the time of application, you should be at least at the end of your second Bachelor semester.

2) You have good academic achievements (GPA from 4.0 at the time of application)

3) Sufficient language skills in the respective national language. You have language certificate (level upper B1, HSK/YCT 4 – for the Chinese language), if English /German / Chinese are not your native languages.

How much time does the exchange program last?

1 or 2 semesters.

I want to go to Poland for exchange. What do I need? How much is the tuition fee?

Please follow the «Requirements to Exchange Students». You don't have to pay the tuition fee to your host university.

What documents do I need to apply for an exchange program?

The requirements for the application documents are different in each university. 

As a rule, you will have to prepare the following documents:

- Curriculum vitae 

- Motivation letter

- Transcript of records, translated from Russian into English and confirmed by an INRTU International Office coordinator.

- Proof of the language proficiency

- International passport (copy)

- INRTU student certificate

Contact the International Office specialists to specify the list of the required documents.

What should I do if my course changes abroad?

First of all, contact the faculty coordinator of the administrator, who approved the original list of courses. Consult with him on any subject changes and how these changes will affect your new Proposal of Recognition. All changes must be made within 1 month from the beginning of the semester abroad.

Where can I find a list of partner-universities for exchange?

You can find a complete list of partner-universities for exchange on the website in Brochure "Exchange and Double Degree Programs"

How many credits do I have to bring from studying abroad?

The standard number of credits obtained for one semester abroad is 30 ECTS. You should make every effort to bring this number of credits from abroad.

Are there any deadlines I need to keep in mind when applying for exchange program?

Yes, each partner-university has its deadlines, please keep them in mind when applying.

I'm a foreign student and study at INRTU, can I take part in the competition for the Russian Presedential Scholarship?

No, "Russian Presidential Scholarship" is available only for russian citizens.

I am planning to do an internship at a Korean university, is there a scholarship to study in Korea?

Yes, the Global Korea Scholarship is suitable for exchange students planning to study in South Korea for 1-2 semesters. The most important requirement for participation is excellent academic performance.

The program is open for students who are citizens of any country except the Republic of Korea and who have not previously received a Global Korean Scholarship. The main thing is that the applicant should include at least 1 subject (for 2 or more credits) related to Korea (Korean language, culture, etc.) in the study plan at a Korean university and submit the necessary documents.

I am a graduate student of a bachelor's degree and would like to enroll in a master's degree in China, what options do I have to get a Scholarship from the Chinese Government?

Choosing a Chinese university, you may apply for a Scholarship of the Chinese Government directly through the host university (for all except Chinese citizens).
In addition to the full course of study, the Scholarship of the Chinese Government applies to annual internships in the Chinese language, for participation it is necessary to confirm knowledge of the Chinese language with a certificate of HSK3 level and above.

Can exchange students participate in any scholarship programs to study abroad?

Yes, for that you should participate in various competitions to win a scholarship. It is important to meet the requirements and be the best among other applicants, get on the list of winners. Each scholarship program puts forward its own requirements for candidates, but first of all, you need to get confirmation from the host university that they are ready to accept you for training, otherwise the application will not be considered.

What is the difference between grant and scholarship?

Both grant and scholarship are the types of gratuitous financial assistance for tuition, rental housing, living expenses abroad. The recipient is determined on a competitive basis. The difference between them is that the scholarship is usually paid every month, and the grant is a single payment. They are compensated by sponsors-employers, NGOs, foundations, universities, governments, ministries of foreign affairs or education, regional authorities. To get acquainted with the existing scholarship funds, please, follow the link.

How to write a motivation letter?

The most important recommendation is: If in doubt - cut it out. There is no perfect formula for motivational letter writing. Don't write unnecessary information and avoid too long description.

Divide it into sections:

1) who I am and what I am studying, what I am working on, describe my background;

2) why I want to go to this particular university;

3) how I can be useful to the university and how this exchange will benefit me.

What should I write in my CV?

Tell about yourself, your education. If you already have work experience, great! Whether you've worked at a lab or a coffee shop, write about it. If you also do any volunteer work or have experience participating in international academic programs and conferences, publishing in scientific journals, be sure to mention that in your CV. You can search the Internet for CV templates.

Study Abroad
Fill in the form
Stories from abroad
2021-2022, Yang Shuwen
It is my great honor to be an exchange student in Shenyang University of Chemical Technology, which is an unforgettable experience in my life. I have learned a lot in Shenyang, such as getting along with others, not knowing how to consult teachers and classmates in class. It is interesting that there ...
View all stories
Contact us