How to apply
INRTU offers more than200 degree programs, including English-taught Bachelor’s programs, English-taught Master’s programs, double degree programs.
There are 54 Russian-taught Bachelor’s programs and 53 postgraduate programs on offer.
Short-term study opportunities include Foundation course, Russian language course, and Summer School. If you hesitate what major to choose from a variety of programs, we encourage you to schedule a zoom meeting with our Admission manager to receive a qualified consultation on choosing the perfect program for you. Contact us to schedule a meeting by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise you to submit your application at least 2 months before the beginning of the studies to arrive on campus on time since issuance of invitation and visa is quite time consuming and takes at least 1.5 months.
If we receive your application less than 2 month before the beginning of the studies, it will still be processed, but we cannot guarantee that the visa processes will be completed in time for the last date of registration and you might miss the beginning of studies.
There is one intake for degree programs:
September / October
There are several intakes for non-degree programs:
- Foundation course (10 months) – October, November;
- 6-month Russian language course – December, February;
- 4-month Russian language course, 15-month Russian language course – May.
The list of required documents for initial assessment include:
- a filled-in application form (see below);
- a scan copy of international passport (must be valid during the next 1,5 years);
- a scan copies of the educational certificate(s) and academic transcript.
Take the entrance exams online. We offer up to 80% tuition fee discounts for English-taught programs and up to 34% discounts for Russian-taught programs. Your score on the entrance exams identifies the rate of the tuition discount you might be offered.
To read more about exams and tuition discounts.A sample English and Maths exam (rar, 4.75 Mb)
Our Admission team will email you a conditional letter of acceptance within 1-2 business days after the entrance exams.
In most cases, documents are required to be certified in the applicant’s home country.
Applicants from some countries will also have to go through a procedure of recognition of their diplomas or certificates in Russia.
There are 2 types of legalizations:
• Consular legalization
This procedure is carried out in 2 stages:
Stage 1. Witnessing of documents by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of issue of the document (depending on legislative requirements of the country of issue: generally the original, in some countries – copies) – the corresponding stamps with the indication of the position and the signature of the assuring person are put down;
Stage 2. Witnessing of documents by consulate or embassy of the Russian Federation in the country of issue of the document – the corresponding stamps with the indication of the position and the signature of the assuring person are put down.
• «Apostille» – a simplified legalization procedure, read more.
• No legalization of education documents is required if the country of issue and the Russian Federation have executed a treaty on no legalization.
• As of 2020, these countries include:
• Azerbaijan, Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Vietnam, Greece, Georgia, Egypt, India, Iraq, Iran, Spain, Italy, Yemen, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, China, North Korea, Cuba, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Finland, Ukraine, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Estonia and a number of others.
• A complete list is available on the website or you can get more information at the Russian embassy in your country.
Admission team will send you an invoice in INRTU online application system. You can pay via online payment system. We will refund your payment in case you decide not to study or your student visa is denied.
The invitation letter is issued by the Migration service during 30-45 days. An electronic version of invitation letter will be sent to you by email.
Visit Russian Embassy in your country, the issuing time for Student visa is approximately 10 days.
We are waiting for you in Irkutsk. Welcome!