How to apply
INRTU offers more than 200 degree programs, delivered both in English and Russian languages. Included also in our offering, are double degree programs and short term study opportunities such as foundation courses, foreign languages and summer school.
In case of uncertainty on program choice, we encourage you to schedule a zoom meeting with our Admissions Manager for a qualified consultation on choosing the perfect program for you. Contact us to schedule a meeting by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise you to submit your application at least 2 months before your program schedule start period to facilitate timely issuance of invitation letter necessary for processing your visa.
Late applications will still be processed though you might miss the beginning of your studies as visa processing takes time.
There is one intake for degree programs:
September / October
There are several intakes for non-degree programs:
- Foundation course (10 months) – October, November;
- 6-month Russian language course – December, February;
- 4-month Russian language course, 15-month Russian language course – May.
The list of required documents for initial assessment include:
- duly filled in application form (see below);
- a clear scan copy of international passport (must be valid during the next 1,5 years);
- a clear scan copies of your education certificate(s) and academic transcript..
Take the entrance exams online. We offer up to 80% tuition fee discounts for English medium programs and up to 34% discounts for Russian medium programs. Your score on the entrance exams determines the tuition discount offered to you.
To read more about exams and tuition discounts.A sample English and Maths exam (rar, 4.75 Mb)
Upon successful completion of your entrance exam, you will receive a conditional letter of acceptance within 1-2 business days from our admissions team.
In most cases, documents are required to be certified in the applicant’s home country.
Applicants from some countries will also have to go through a procedure of recognition of their diplomas or certificates in Russia.
There are 2 types of legalizations:
• Consular legalization
This procedure is carried out in 2 stages:
Stage 1. Witnessing of documents by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of issue of the document (depending on legislative requirements of the country of issue: generally the original, in some countries – copies) – the corresponding stamps with the indication of the position and the signature of the assuring person are put down;
Stage 2. Witnessing of documents by Consulate/Embassy of the Russian Federation in the country of issue of the document – the corresponding stamps with the indication of the position and the signature of the assuring person are put down.
• «Apostille» – a simplified legalization procedure, read more.
• No legalization of education documents is required if the country of issue and the Russian Federation have executed a treaty on no legalization.
• As of 2020, these countries include:
• Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria . China, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan , North, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen.
• An updated list is available on the website or you can get more information at the Russian Embassy in your country.
Admission team will send you an invoice in INRTU online application system. You can pay via online payment system. We will refund your payment in case you decide not to study or your student visa is denied.
The invitation letter is issued by the Federal Migration Service within 30-45 days. An electronic version of invitation letter will be sent to you by email.
Visit Russian Embassy in your country, the issuing time for student visa is approximately 10 days.
We are waiting for you in Irkutsk. Welcome!