Our Compelling Advantages
Educational activities conducted in educational and scientific research laboratories equipped with unique technological and research tools by leading world manufacturers. The training of engineering personnel is carried out considering the interests of state corporations and large industrial partners (UAC, RSC "Energia", USC, Russian Helicopters and etc.)
The school created a competence center “Advanced technologies for the production of machinery and equipment”, which includes nine research laboratories.
Laboratory staff conduct research in the field of:
- high-precision assembly and installation of structures;
- research of technological residual stresses and strains;
- machining, repair and diagnostics of composite materials;
- progressive methods of forming in procurement and stamping;
- progressive methods of shaping and finishing and hardening processing in mechanical assembly production;
- design and virtual modeling of products and technological processes in the aircraft industry;
- robotic technologies in the aircraft industry;
- measurement systems and process control systems;
- high-performance machining technologies.
Our students engaged in research and design activity with experienced mentors in the laboratories of the school.
The School annually hosts International Scientific and Technical Conference "Aviation Mechanical Engineering and Transport of Siberia" uniting participants from Russia and the countries of near as well as from countries near and far abroad.
In the framework of the conference, teachers and students of our school, foreign researchers, developers, representatives of scientific paragraph educational organizations exchange practical research experience.
The school collaborates with world leaders in the field of machine tool industry (DMG, Germany), production of cutting tools (Sandvik Coromant, Sweden), modeling of cutting process (MAL, Canada), machining in aerospace industry (Sandvik Coromant, Orleans, France), repair and diagnostics of composite materials (STEVIK SAS, France), virtual modeling of products and technological processes in the aircraft industry (Siemens, Germany), high-precision assembly and robotic technologies in the aircraft industry (KUKA Roboter, Germany), etc.
The history of the school begins with the establishment of Mechanic Faculty in 1961. In 2011, the departments of engineering and transport were transformed into the School of Aircraft Engineering and Transport.
The school implements programs for training specialists at all levels of and forms: undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies, as well as programs of additional professional education for specialists in specialized enterprises.
We strive for valuable cooperation with leading enterprises of the country, aimed at developing and implementing joint breakthrough technologies that contribute to the formation of a powerful scientific and production base of the school, training of modern technical personnel that meet the challenges of the time, the needs of the economy and society.
The search for innovative solutions to urgent practical problems in mechanical engineering and the transport complex of the country stimulates the research activity of teachers and students. This is facilitated by modern research and teaching laboratories, developing scientific schools and growing business relations with leading Russian industrial companies. The school has modern research and educational laboratories, scientific schools are developing, and business ties with leading industrial companies in Russia are growing.
Young people will find opportunities within our school to apply their abilities in professional activities, creative development of their personality, and gain a reliable and promising specialty for the realization of their life plans.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Design and Standardization
- Directorate of School of Aircraft Construction, Mechanical Engineering and Transport
- Department of Road Construction Machines and Hydraulic Systems
- Department of Road Transport
- Department of Aircraft Engineering and Operation of Aviation Equipment
- Department of Aircraft Engineering
- Department of Technology and Equipment for Machine-Building Production
- Department of Engineering and Computer Graphics
- Department of Materials Science, Welding and Additive Technology